Talmatt 300 m shooting range, Volketswil Detailed assessment of contaminated site and remedia-tion project
Location: Volketswil (ZH)
Customer: The municipality of Volketswil(ZH)
Phases: Detailed assessment of contaminated site and remediation project
Building costs: approx. CHF 450,000
The Talmatt shooting range in Volketswil was deemed to require remediation and entered in the Register of Contaminated Sites. The municipality of Volketswil contracted Ecosens AG to conduct a detailed assessment of the contaminated site and to prepare the remediation project.
- Designing and conducting a remediation assessment with detailed mapping of the soil contamination
- Preparing a remediation project for the contaminated site
- Developing the remediation project for the contaminated site including preparing a planning application
- Technical consulting to the client throughout all phases and regulatory procedures
- Putting the remediation of the contaminated site out to public tender
- The area around the backstop is overgrown and is no longer a natural protection zone
- Prior to the works, the shooting range had been converted to a emission-free backstop system and it was imperative that this remained undamaged by the remediation works.
- Coordinating with possible parallel remediation works at the Dürrenbach shooting range a short distance away