Soil Investigation for a New Construction of a Residential/Commercial Building, Oberkirch in the Canton of Lucerne
Location: Oberkirch in the canton of Lucerne
Customer: UTO Real Estate Management AG
Phases: Soil investigation, determination of permeability
For the planned new construction, an assessment of the geological and hydrogeological conditions was performed. Core drilling and percussion drilling were evaluated, as well as a pumping test. The soil investigation includes information regarding the compactness/density and load-bearing capacity of the subsoil, possible type of foundation, excavation bracing options, rain water seepage and indications of any difficulties/complexities with regards to future development.
- Clarifying the soil situation, evaluating core drilling and dynamic probing
- Creation of a soil model, specification of soil characteristics
- Structural recommendations regarding the foundation, pit design, etc.
- Supporting the excavation work
- Ground approvals
- Triaging contaminated materials
- Soils of moderate load-bearing capacity; partially strong artificial fillings
- Partial material replacement under the load-bearing floor slabs
- Presence of contaminated excavated material
- Tight spatial conditions