Inspection of an apartment affected by mould
Location: A community in the Aargau canton
Client: Property manager
Reason: The evaluation of mould growth in a rental apartment
Duration: since 2018
The management of an apartment building in the canton of Aargau instructed Ecosens AG to investigate mould growth in an apartment.
A visual inspection of the mould was conducted during a visit to the apartment. Adhesive film was also used to identify the mould species and testing was conducted for airborne micro-organisms.
On the basis of the circumstances encountered, we recommended prompt cleaning of the apartment to be undertaken and professional treatment of the mould growth.
- Visual inspection of the mould
- Sampling and assessing the ambient air using adhesive film
- Determining the ambient air quality
- Analysing laboratory results and assessing the impact on health
- Evaluating the health risk to tenants
- Delivering remediation recommendations
- Spontaneous assignment due to the high degree of urgency
- Sampling typical surfaces
- Communicating with the tenants
- Providing detailed advice to the management team in respect of the next steps