In-depth knowledge for the future
Within our research papers, we develop scientific and methodological principles for improving environmental performance at all three levels of the state (the federal governments, the cantons, the municipalities) or undertake systematic evaluations of the environmental impact of technologies and processes that have not
The Federal Offices for the Environment (FOEN) and of Energy (SFOE) regularly announce applied research studies relating to the environment. The importance of research into the generation and transportation of energy has significantly increased as a result of the 2050 Energy Strategy. In addition, the commitment to the permanent domestic disposal of radioactive waste produced in Switzerland necessitates extensive research into sites for deep geological repositories.
- Evaluating the impact of power plants on all areas of the environment and on sustainable development
- Evaluating the ecological aspects of hydroelectric plants and other power generating plants
- Examining and assessing the environmental impact of the surface level and underground elements of any potential deep geological repository sites
- Expertise to support practical implementation across all environmental sectors
- Writing readily understandable versions of technically demanding papers for public release