Comprehensive advice in all areas of environmental law
We regard ourselves as problem-solvers in matters of public law: Our solicitors will work out the best legal solution for you on the basis of scientifically founded risk assessments.
We support municipal, cantonal and federal authorities in matters of legislation and enforcement as well as in mediation processes.
Our customers also include companies facing complex legal challenges due to an increasingly tight network of regulations and public awareness of environmental and energy matters.
- Contaminated site and waste law (contract drafting for land transactions, cost division provisions)
- Immission protection law (noise, air, electromagnetic radiation, etc.)
- Chemicals law
- Water law, water body protection law, residual water, hydroelectricpower use (granting and renewal of water right concessions, reversion)
- Energy and energy management law (especially renewable energy sources)
- Electricity law, energy supply
- Underground property law
- Legal compliance, e.g. with environmental management systems or in connection with corporate governance programmes
- Environmental law consulting on national or international transactions (companies or real estate)
Legacy Management Rio Tinto Switzerland, legal and specialist technical support
With the acquisition of ALCAN in 2007, the Rio Tinto mining company has also taken over the industrial legacy of aluminium production at the sites of the former Alusuisse company.
BAFU enforcement aid
Financing of residential waste disposal
The enforcement aid contributes to the financing of residential waste disposal according to the “user pays” principle in the whole of Switzerland. It provides the cantons and municipalities with a framework that maximises standardisation of the collection of waste disposal fees.
For private control of dismantling and reconstruction in the canton of Zurich
After the law for compulsory assessment of construction waste came into force with Article 16 of the VVEA (waste ordinance), the canton of Zurich had to introduce appropriate measures for the enforcement of this new regulation.