Dürrenbach 25 m and 50 m shooting ranges, Volketswil Project to remediate a contaminated site
Location: Volketswil (ZH)
Customer: The municipality of Volketswil (ZH)
Phases: Detailed assessment of the contaminated site, remediation project, submission and contaminated site remediation
Building costs: approx. CHF 250,000
The Dürrenbach shooting range includes a 50 m and a 25 m backstop. It borders a forest to the north and the east and is in the immediate vicinity of a stream to the west. In terms of the remediation work, these factors resulted in significant limitations and high demands in respect of access, construction site logistics and spatial constraints. These were given due consideration by Ecosens during the remediation project and the tendering process, enabling the remediation work to be successfully completed in autumn 2019.
- Designing and conducting a remediation assessment with detailed mapping of the soil contamination
- Preparing a remediation project for the contaminated site
- Technical consulting and support to the client during the construction and loan approval processes
- Putting the remediation of the contaminated site out to public tender
- Undertaking the construction management and specialist construction management for the site remediation project
- Limited access and spatial constraints within the perimeter of the remediation project area
- To access the site of the 50 m backstop, it was necessary to construct a temporary bridge over the Dürrenbach.
- The remediation work required forest areas to be cleared temporarily and subsequently replanted.
- Prior to the works, the shooting range had been converted to emissions-free backstop systems and it was imperative that these remained undamaged by the remediation works.