Gain planning security
Are you planning a construction project or taking over a property? Contaminated sites pose particular challenges. The first step is to establish the prec
- Advice and clarifications in relation to entries in the “Register of Contaminated Sites”
- Assistance relating to issues of ground contamination
- Historical and technical investigation of properties
- Planning and carrying out of pre-investigations and detailed investigations (sampling) in cooperation with specialist drilling companies and laboratories
- Preparing risk assessments and evaluating the urgency of decontamination measures
- Estimating costs arising from contamination
- Developing decontamination plans, planning and carrying out work to decontaminate soil and groundwater
- Site management of contaminated sites
- Legal advice in complex questions of liability and for drafting contracts
- Determining the appropriate allocation of costs between the public and private sectors (determining costs)
- Communication and mediation between stakeholders (owners, authorities, lenders)
Legal Study Related to the Contaminated Site of a Former Electroplating Shop in Obfelden in the Canton of Zürich
As a result of the approx. 40-year operation of an electroplating shop in Obfelden, the site was entered into the Register of Contaminated Sites (KbS). In addition to chlorinated hydrocarbons (CHCs), various heavy metals (particularly chromate) and non-chlorinated cooling lubricants were also used in the electroplating shop.
Remediation of groundwater in an industrial area, removing chlorinated solvents using anaerobic dechlorination, Zurich
The subsoil under this industrial area has been damaged with highly chlorinated hydrocarbons (tetrachloroethylene). The pollutants extend into the groundwater-saturated area (8-17 m below ground). Due to the deep location of the contamination, the implementation of an in-situ remediation variant was preferred.
Remediation of a CHC site - Planning and project management
As a result of many years of operating a dry-cleaning facility, chlorinated hydrocarbons (CHCs) were found to contaminate the subsoil of a private property.
Preliminary examination of a communal landfill site - Historical and technical investigation according to the Ordinance on the Remediation of Polluted Sites
The canton requested the municipality to survey a former municipal landfill site. Ecosens carried out a corresponding preliminary investigation for the municipality in accordance with the Ordinance on the Remediation of Polluted Sites.
Construction of new ZSC Lions’ ice hockey stadium, Zurich, Clearing the site of former allotments
As the owner of the former allotments, Zurich City Council was responsible for clearing the site to allow the construction of the new ice hockey stadium.
New high-rise building, Zurich, Complete decontamination as part a tightly scheduled construction project
As part of a new-build project in the city of Zurich, the former commercial premises had to be demolished and the entire site decontaminated.
Former Ilford site, Marly, historical and technical preliminary assessment in accordance with the Contaminated Sites Ordinance (CSO)
From 1980 until 2013, Marly was home to a cutting-edge factory producing film and photographic paper. Owing to the site's industrial past, it was deemed to require further investigation and was entered in the Register of Contaminated Sites. Ecosens carried out a historical survey of the site.