Construction of new ZSC Lions’ ice hockey stadium, Zurich Inventory, clearing and soil removal in an area with large-scale neophyte coverage
Place: Zurich-Altstetten (ZH)
Customer: The city of Zurich
Phases: Preliminary survey, submission and specialist support for neophyte, soil and earth remediation works
Construction costs: -
As the owner of the former allotments, Zurich City Council was responsible for clearing the site to allow for the construction of the new ice hockey stadium. Almost all of the project site was covered in various types of neophytes. Ecosens AG organised and carried out the building site clearance, including the preliminary survey, proposal and site management.
- Updating the survey of neophytes on the project site with the presence of, among others, Rhus typhina and Canadian goldenrod
- Development of a process and decontamination plan for neophyte clearance and excavation of biologically contaminated material.
- Inviting tenders for neophyte clearance and disposal works prior to the actual site clearance, including contractor inspection
- Neophyte site management
- Site management of soil and earth connected with biological contamination by neophytes, including final documentation as part of “private monitoring”
- Follow-up monitoring at the project site and in the border area with regard to the recurrence of coverage
- A huge project site (28,000 m2) biological contamination by various types of neophytes requiring different handling regarding excavation depth and disposal of plant components above and below ground
- Project team coordination, as the client for the site clearance was not involved in the construction project but was responsible for bearing the costs