Assessment of soil contamination within the test perimeters for soil displacement
Location: Risch (ZG)
Customer: Private land owner
Building costs: -
Parts of a large property site on Lake Zug were included within the test perimeters for soil displacement (PBV), with a higher potential for suspected chemical soil contamination. The probable sources of contamination were a nearby main road (mode of transport) and the location within an area of old buildings and a vineyard. The suspect sites were specifically assessed in accordance with the probable contamination sources. It was found that only the part of the site adjoining the main road was slightly contaminated. The other suspect sites were eliminated following in-depth investigations.
- Assessment and testing of general suspected contamination by evaluating soil maps, historical aerial photographs, etc.
- Development of a survey programme and sampling concept in line with the current issue and objective
- Planning and implementation of a sampling campaign with field surveys and placement of analysis orders with an external laboratory.
- Evaluation of findings and results, documentation in sampling protocols
- Evaluation of soil contamination according to the specifications of the VBBo and VVEA, as well as its potential risk for their current use
- Compilation of a detailed survey report with appendices and annexes
- Coordination with the relevant cantonal environmental authorities
- Different levels of suspected contamination on various parts of the site and thus a very differentiated survey
- Sampling in sometimes very steep terrain, taking existing land use into account (sheep pasturage, large meadows, etc.)
- Evaluation and implementation of an economic survey site despite its large overall size and differentiated suspected contamination