BAFU enforcement aid Financing of residential waste disposal
Customer: Federal Environment Office (BAFU)
Enforcement aid contributes to the financing of residential waste disposal according to the “user pays” principle in the whole of Switzerland. It provides the cantons and municipalities with a framework that maximises standardisation of the collection of waste disposal fees. Legal requirements and jurisdiction are explained and recommendations for the handling of waste charges are provided.
- Processing of federal court decisions concerning residential waste
- Compilation of a draft text for enforcement aid jointly with Stephan Textor (Textor Engineering) and Jenny Manco (BAFU), incl. graphical representations
- Discussion and development of the text within the broad-based support group with representatives of cantons, cities, municipalities, industry, retail and associations
- Processing of complex legal matters to provide an easily readable text for a broad audience
- Sharing of work and collaboration with co-authors and the customer
- Broad support for the results from participating representatives with different goals
- Handling of the order on budget and on time
The text for the enforcement aid can be downloaded here.