AWEL handbook For private control in the dismantling and reconstruction field in the canton of Zurich
Customer: Office for Waste, Water, Energy and Air (AWEL), canton of Zurich
After the law for compulsory assessment of construction waste came into force with Article 16 of the VVEA (waste ordinance), the canton of Zurich had to introduce appropriate measures for the enforcement of this new regulation. The specialists at Ecosens have advised the AWEL, evaluated different reinforcement models and helped to create the required formal foundations for the introduction of private control, such as the adaptation of ordinances, forms and a handbook.
- Description and evaluation of different enforcement models
- Development of the legal basis required for the introduction of private control in the dismantling field in collaboration with the provincial authorities
- Design and compilation of a handbook for private control in collaboration with a project team incl. consultation with interested bodies and associations (e.g. definition of the requirement criteria for private experts, application for granting authority for private control in a specialist field, additional forms for construction approval concerning construction waste, description of the process for registering and controlling the requirement criteria for granting permission, etc.)
- Processing of complex, technical and legal documentation to provide an easily readable text for a broad audience
- Clear structuring of the processes and decisions required
- Sharing of work and collaboration with the project team and the customer
- Broad support of the result by participating representatives with different goals
- Handling of the order within budget and on schedule
The text of the handbook can be downloaded here.